I am a designer & textile enthusiast based out of Chennai, India. Circular systems, alternate materials, structural and social innovation have been at the core of my projects and I hope to delve deeper into these concepts through my practice. I like to push the boundaries of the medium and innovate while keeping in mind the various practical implications of my designs.
Aug 2021 - present
Swati & Sunaina Gold, Kolkata
Jun 2021 - Aug 2021
Sep 2020 - Dec 2020
Feb 2020 - Jun 2020
Mar 2019 - Aug 2019
Hochschule Hof, Münchberg, Germany
Sep 2018 - Oct 2018
Jun 2018 - Jul 2018
Kaveri -K Clothing, Chennai
- Concepts / Moodboards / Design Development / Production management with the Banaras cluster.
- Research and Writing
- Archival segregation
- Conceptualising & Designing merchandise for the brand and its new collections
- Journal and catalogue design
- Social media
Design development and production management for 3 sari collections in Kanchipuram, Arni and Vadamanapakkam clusters
Design development and production management for a sari collection in Kanchipuram, Arni and Madurai clusters.
- Designing Kanjivaram silk saris for the flagship store
- Research and documentation of traditional weaving techniques and their relevance.
-Worked on live projects with V. Fraas GmbH and Ernst Feiler GmbH
-Innovative Textiles / Non-woven Manufacturing /
Warp knitted fabrics / 3D Textiles
Documented and studied the transition of the weaving cluster in Anakaputhur by the use of rare natural fibres.
Designed an all linen garment collection using clamp and wax resist dyeing techniques.